Wednesday, February 22, 2006

More Preemption

First time? Start here. Read "The Primer" and follow the link at the end. Chronological order makes more sense for the stories.

Sorry guys I have so many stories that I need to dish out but every day there seems to be something that comes up that just pains me physically. So I am writing a new one here today while I am at work. I just have to get it off my chest. Get what off my chest? The stupidity, the nuisance, the madness of it all. Its like most days coming in here.. there is something foul in the air that alters life. Sure, I deal with rejects outside of work but the sheer number of and the numerous doses I get every hour, on the hour, are just off the charts. Its dumb, truly it is. Just plain dumb.

I have been sitting here doing my thing, handling business as usual. Female Boss is in here with me. She arrived early this morning, on time, quite a change from the normal thus far. However, my arrival to the edge of madness was right on schedule. I rarely get a break here, if I could, I would spend hours of work just writing stories of the trivial things that happen but alas I cannot.

I marked the start time when this started happening. Female Boss starts asking questions out loud. I am the only person in the room.. I assume she is talking to me but I do not answer. Not a one. The questions are procedural questions about the clients we deal with, the type of things that I would have no clue of what the answer would be. Questions on how they file or document each of our dealings with them. Insane shit. This went on for 37 minutes. When I say 37 minutes I am not talking about a question per few minutes. I am talking like a normal conversation. Literally about 200 sentences and questions were uttered by Female Boss within this time frame. Comments included. Surreal.

I just don't understand, if no one is answering you or even acknowledging your words why would you continue to speak? Why not clam the fuck up and keep the thoughts and shit inside your own head? Northe isn't gonna answer you, crazy lady, comprende? Shut the fuck up and handle your business! Leave my 3 foot radius of sanity unscathed. I beg of you.

5 comments:

Mexigogue said...

Some people have to speak their thought process aloud. We call those Stupid People.

It's really annoying because the fact that they are talking TO you is only apparent. In reality they are using you like a paper target for their words. That's why it doesn't really matter if you answer.

That's what I think anyway.

Phelps said...

Oooh! I know this one!

- - - - -
Mayer, Richard E. (2001) Multimedia Learning, p140

Mousavi, Low, and Sweller (1995, p321) used the term modality effect to refer to the idea that "effective cognitive capacity may be increased if both auditory and visual working memory can be used" to process incomming multimedia messages. In short, "effective size of working memory can be increased by presenting information in a mixed (auditory and visual mode) rather than a single mode."
- - - - -

In other words, her brain is so small that she can't hold all the words in her silent memory. For her to work through all these client requirements, she has to store this stuff between her mouth and ears. She is a computer trying to run WinXP in 128meg of ram, and she is using her own mouth as a swap disk.

Northe said...

Sad..

Mexigogue said...

Ooh! ooh! What about the people who swerve right before they turn left scaring the living shit out of everyone else on the road??? What's THEIR deal??

Anonymous said...

Sounds like she needs someone to lay some pipe. Get your gloves on Northey.