Thursday, December 22, 2005

Appointment Setting

First time? Start here. Read "The Primer" and follow the link at the end. Chronological order makes more sense for the stories.

We all have our lazy points. There's always something in our job that we hate doing either out of laziness, spite, repetition or just the lack of thought process it involves or the amount of time it consumes. For Female Boss and The Professional its taking the time to reply to a client request on when and where to meet a "Pickup" and take them to wherever they need to be.

I have no idea why, its just the way it is with these two. Not so much The Professional as Female Boss. The Professional hates to haggle with people on times and places. All The Professional wants is a static and concise itinerary with no variables. I don't blame him but it is kind of annoying when he calls me to do it for him. Most of the time I have to tell him to fuck himself but sometimes, when I am bored, I'll hook him up.

This particular day was a bit different. The Professional came in this morning with a lead that is requesting that Female Boss be her liaison again. Funny thing is, a job from a couple days back offered a lead to Female Boss that requested the Professional be the liaison for this lady he worked with a few months back.

I keep close record of schedules and tasks for appointments. I speak with The Professional first thing in the morning, he tells me about Female Boss' lead and I tell him she's wide open for today so its no problem. He made the appointment time for noon which gives her a little over 2 hours to be ready. He asks me if there is anything for him to do today since he's got nothing going on. I got nothing.

Then, Female Boss makes her appearance.

"So Female Boss," starts The Professional, "I wanted to ask you something."

"Wait, first, do you have any appointments today?"

"No, not any. You?"

"No, I'm open. So I landed you one for three o'clock," she says smiling.

"Well, why?" he asks her. "I mean, I have an appointment for you too this afternoon, 12 o'clock."

To make a long story short they are both pissed. Nay, irate would probably be the better word as they go back and forth on each other. The fact is both of them have jack shit to do but get mad cuz the other person set them up with an appointment on a day that they have zero going on. We aren't busy at the office. I can handle the workload in here.. go out and make some fucking money. But no, nooo. Its never that easy. That would be normal. That would require a sane workplace. No, for me, its fuckin bitch bitch bitch for no reason. Lazy ass motherfuckers. I just don't get it.

2 comments:

HMT said...

sounds like they both were chompin on the hypothetical "Fabian Nunez deep fried dick w/ powered sugar on top"

Northe said...

HAHHAHAHHA YES!!