Thursday, May 25, 2006

Male Boss Loses It

First time? Start here. Read "The Primer" and follow the link at the end. Chronological order makes more sense for the stories.

We ended up getting a new Client. They represent some foreign nations unlike the majority of our Clients that represent mostly Americans. Sure you have some Clients that deal overseas or to the north and south of the border but its not too often when we get real deal first timers in the United States. This really isn't that important to the story but it kinda is so I had to mention it. Even still what transpires won't make any sense given the situation that unfolds.

We have Female Boss and I in the office working. Male Boss comes in super late to work today. Its already past noon and he is completely scattered. Female Boss doesn't really say anything except for hi. He is scrambling, not insanely but you can tell there is a certain pep in his step that is unlike his usual office entry. Then, Female Boss remembers.

"Oh, that new client. Don't you have a 1 o'clock pickup from the airport?"

Male Boss is very hesitant to even answer as he is grabbing papers and tossing them into his briefcase, "Yes. I think its fine, I should have plenty of the time when they land. They can do some waiting in customs."

"Well I think you should call them."

No answer from Male Boss.

"You gotta call them," says Female Boss again.

"I don't think so. They are from the Down Under or Englands or something."

Female Boss kinda cocks her head and gets that miffed look on her face.. you know the permanent look on my face whenever I am around this duo or in the office.. that look of nothing ever makes any sense here. That look of, sure that was a sentence constructed mainly of English but I doubt even you know what came outta your mouth. Welcome to the gates of the sanatorium, Female Boss, when you get inside you can seek me out. I'll be the one in the corner drooling happily while I wallow in a pool of my own feces.

Female Boss then questions him, "So bcuz of that they won't care that you are late?"

Bad move.

"How dare you say that! How dare you! What is wrong with you! You think its funny? You think that its funny!? I think you're a bitch!"

Male Boss takes a 2" binder and hucks it across the office against the wall behind him. The binder, on impact, opens and sends literally about 200 pieces of paper flying. Its really not a big deal. Male Boss is as harmless as a tit mouse but it just doesn't make any sense.. as you can tell.

As if nothing at all has happened, Male Boss broad jumps over the papers, "Ok, I will call them on the way there. I am late, see you after."

"Call who? Call the shrink? Cuz you need one," says Female Boss who gets up to clean up his mess.

The door closes. Male Boss is gone. Did any of this make sense? Is there any cause and effect that anyone could point out to me here that demonstrates rationality or levels of human intelligence. Fuck it, not even human intelligence, manitee intelligence. Any at all? Angry Time's answer: Nope.

4 comments:

Phelps said...

I can't believe the level of... rationality in this statement:

"So bcuz of that they won't care that you are late."

That has to be the most profound thing you have recounted her saying. It was almost like her IQ made it up to room temperature. If they could fight all day, they might make it up to functional between the two of them.

Northe said...

Indeed, hence welcoming her to the general grounds which I stomp day to day in this here office in the paragraph above that statement. Quite chilling.

Mexigogue said...

As soon as male boss left you should have bumped knuckles with female boss. She earned it that time.

Northe said...

You're trying to humanize her. You're taking it too far! Stop it!