Thursday, May 11, 2006

Do Things Your Way, Huh?

First time? Start here. Read "The Primer" and follow the link at the end. Chronological order makes more sense for the stories.

There was a time back where I listened to Female Boss' recommendation on how to summarize a certain report that we use here at the office. I remember fighting tooth and nail with her on altering the specific way I had tailored the summarization report bcuz I felt that it was just a smarter way to handle it. My superior intelligence is not the point of this post tho.

Basically Female Boss came up with a way for me to handle certain phrases and what not for said report. Like I said, I resisted, but eventually gave in cuz hey she signs my check. What can I do? I can only argue my case for so long and if she doesn't agree.. well I gotta do what she feels is best.

Time passes and I am adapted to her way of writing the report. I have even improved upon it somewhat and she couldn't be happier. Like most things in life, the happiness fades. Female Boss starts bitching more and more about the same report. Not any of the other charts, graphs or summaries that we do. Only this one. So I figured I would take some preemptive action and nip the problem in the bud before things got worse. Read as: Female Boss starts annoying the living shit out of me.

Well, after careful scrutinization something floated to the surface that seemed familiar. In fact, a number of the "new" recommendations that she made happened to be the old style that I used some months prior. I kinda pretended to boggle at the situation and Female Boss was predictable enuff to take the bait.

"Hah nothing, its just that its very similar to how I used to do it," I commented

"No, that's not how we used to do it."

We? You're right its not the way "we" used to do it its the way I used to do it.

"Sure it is check it out," I tells her.

See kids, comeuppence has its king and his name is Northe. Anything that I do in this company I document and make multiple saves of when I am asked to alter things from report to report. That way when fruitcakes question my authoritah I am able to whip out the pipe and slam it on the desk for all to gawk at. Female Boss didn't have much to say after that, I just sat back like a fat Spaniard with a dish of chocolates in his lap. That's right Angry Timers, I win again.

No comments: