Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Back From Vacation!

First time? Start here. Read "The Primer" and follow the link at the end. Chronological order makes more sense for the stories.

No, not me kids.. Female Boss. Me? No, not vacation.. I'm just lazy when it comes to writing lately, I dunno why. The gumption tank is at an all-time low. I'll see what I can do about it but no promises, but hey thanks for checking in!

So Female Boss had her week-long vacation. Now we all know the vacation syndrome when you come back to the office. Well, hold on a sec, when I say "we" its completely unknown to me cuz for the past 7 years I have yet to have a [b]real[/b] vacation like Female Boss just took off. So let me start again. You all know the vacation syndrome when you come back to the office, the kinda rusty feeling of trying to get back into the swing of things that really don't matter to you aside from being a task that happens to provide you with sustenance and hopefully a means to afford entertainment. Well that state of being was just introduced to me in the office yesterday morning.

In strolls Female Boss looking as refreshed as ever. She was in a really good mood and that's all good cuz that means she won't be buggin me over some bullshit. So we approach mid day and a phone call comes thru. She needs me to look up some old spreadsheet info so walks over to my computer, while she is on the phone, and tells me to bring up the file. I do. Then she kinda leans in to look over my shoulder. At first fearing infection from physical touch, My Spidey Sense quickly takes over and tells me that Female Boss wants to take it from there so I scoot my chair over and give her free reign on my computer.. even if its just a safety precaution. Female Boss takes the mouse and goes to the right slide bar to click it down.

*click*

*click*

*click*

Nothing. Curious..

*click*

She gestures for me to do it. I take over and all is well and good. That's the first lesson of dual piloted planes guys. Let the Captain stay in control. Female Boss walks away not even knowing, likely anyway, what she was doing wrong. So getting back to that whole vacation syndrome thing I guess when inferior minds are struck with it they forget how to use a mouse. Female Boss was clicking all right, except not either of the regular mouse buttons, instead she was clicking the Mouse Wheel. Smert!

2 comments:

HMT said...

oh for fucks sake..

Where did she go on vacation? Islands restaurant?

Northe said...

She definitely didn't take up Falconry!