Thursday, March 15, 2007

Important Phone Call

First time? Start here. Read "The Primer" and follow the link at the end. Chronological order makes more sense for the stories.

"Yes, Mr. Client. Absolutely. No problem, Mr. Client."

Kinda crazy when you look at this whole work thing from a step back. Here we have Female Boss, one of the most insane and unstable people I have ever met, yet when she gets on the phone with one of our clients, especially a bigwig Client, she's on her shit. I gotta give her credit. She knows how to work these fools and keep 'em happy when she actually feels like asserting herself. I mean, her typical behavior and vocabulary in here is worthy of being behind the dugout of a visiting team.

"Okay, let me read back the information so I know I have all my ducks in a row," she says.

Ducks in a row.. good one. Oh by the way, do you know my friend Chakhtee? He walks in with Male Boss.. they went to lunch together. While Female Boss is in the middle of reading back this information to Client, the dogs start up their usual ear drum shattering welcome call. Three, two, one.. queue Demonseed. Yeah, that's it. Right on time. Bird yelling mixed in with a potpourri of dog barking aka Zen.

"What? What? Sorry, Mr. Client I can't hear you."

Female Boss lunges at Male Boss clutching the phone to her chest tightly, "What the hell are you doing!?"

At best, the phone smothered into her bosom reduced the ear shattering question into a mere scream. Male Boss could give a shit. Chakhtee? Well, Chakhtee stands there like a lump. Female Boss turns red. Heads are about to roll.

This time Female Boss, covers the receiver with her palm amidst the flurry of noise, "I'm on the fucking phone!"

The two zombies just stand there. Female Boss has had it. She goes for the cordless and finishes the phone call out in the front yard. Chakhtee and Male Boss do the classic TV move of looking at one another, shrugging their shoulders and drop anchor on the couch simultaneously to break into a bag of potato chips. Phased? Never. The dogs are still going nuts but Demonseed has cooled her jets. Female Boss doesn't return till after Male Boss leaves again with Chakhtee. My best guess puts Female Boss standing outside avoiding entry to the investment property for a good hour. What a head case.. Then this lady graces me with her wisdom:

"Doesn't he get it!? The dogs don't like him! He needs to stop bringing him here. Argh, he doesn't get it! I can't take it. He needs to realize that they really dislike him. I wish he'd stop bringing him here.. while I'm on the phone no less!"

So its all Chakhtee's fault right? Furthermore, Male Boss knew you were on the phone with Client and couldn't wait to rain on your parade, right? Unreal. Retard. To see her continue this illusion that the dogs only go nuts when Chakhtee comes in and no one else is so fuckin annoying to me. So, in order to let her know that I feel her frustration.. ya know, that I am the go-to guy.. the shoulder to cry on.. the listening ear.. that I, Northe, care.. the response I offer her is as follows:

"Huh?"

Stuff it, idiot.

1 comment:

Phelps said...

Dogs don't bark because they dislike someone there. Dogs bark because someone is there. If she was as smart as a dog, she would realize that.