Thursday, August 03, 2006

Vegas: How We Do's It

First time? Start here. Read "The Primer" and follow the link at the end. Chronological order makes more sense for the stories.

I guess I have a couple extra stories to tell so this series of tales will go into next week. I was hoping to have wrapped this all up in one package by Friday; however, doing that would only short change my fellow Angry Timers. So let's move on to post-plantar blisters to later on that evening. Sushi Night! Its a celebration, bitches!

Like many things I do with my time I do it high class. Class, class, class. Hah, yeah right. Tho I will go high class a bit of the time in Vegas. Sushi is definitely that way. If you haven't been to Nobu in the Hard Rock you should definitely go if you have the cash to a) pay for overpriced sushi and b) for the miso black cod. Other than that, the new age sashimi is pretty good and the spicy crab is up there too. The cuts of fish are great quality and the fusion of stuff makes it worth it. I am pretty spoiled when it comes to sushi so the regular sushi orders themselves aren't anything better than what I eat at home.

Angry Time suggests: go for the fancy dishes and live it up.

Ok, enuff with that bullshit. If I haven't mentioned it before, I love sake. Nigori sake to be precise. First off, its unfiltered so it looks like milk. If you're a visual pussy stay away from it. Secondly, its cold. Hot sake is crap. I'd rather drink my rubbing alcohol cold, you should too. Third, it is not super expensive and shooting sake gets the job done quickly. With 10 of us at the round table in Nobu we decided to take down 8 total bottles of sake and make the alcohol tab just over 1/4 of the total bill fee. Now that's good times.

With alcohol surging thru our systems we were loud, obnoxious and easily the funniest people in the restaurant. We had to have been cuz I was laughing so hard that even the servers would pass by laughing.. and it definitely wasn't bcuz we looked like idiots. Um... So this next joke, the whole reason behind the post, is not for everyone. I mean you'll get the punchline and all but the lead-up is for the nerds among us. Sorry, just skim it and find out what the last thing said was and get a kick out of it.

It has to do with World of Warcraft, I know about 50% of my readers play the game so thats why I feel its appropriate to tell this one. We are at the table talking shit about how we decimated our PvP server without being a zerg guild blah blah blah. Thats another story irrelevant to Angry Time. Anyway, a fellow Angry Timer, Annoxa, starts going off on a drunken rant. He is a druid, they don't kill fast, they are survivors, he makes this clear by shouting this at the top of his lungs. His volume returns to normal levels. Let's get one thing straight, normal levels for Annoxa is enuff to have only our neighboring tables hear him with perfect clarity. He continues and tells a story about being jumped by some Alliance fag elves and how it takes them forever to kill him. I'll quote him from here on out:

"Yeah, those fucking Alliance pussies. They come out like 3 or 4 of them to try and kill me, wearing those faggot fucking frost turbans from AV."

Then, he decides to turn up the volume to where everyone in the restaurant can hear him.

"Fucking stupid turban wearing mother fuckers!"

Oh, good. What better thing to say? Our whole table erupts in a giant, drunken burst of laughter. I raise my hand half-standing up. "Yes, yes, we are racists." Sushi, sake, friends.. you can never lose. Do it!

5 comments:

Phelps said...

I met my guildmaster at a Bennigans last night (I didn't pick it) and I figured that if I couldn't find them, I would just yell "NURF PALLYS!" and see who got pissed.

Luckily it didn't come down to that.

HMT said...

good lord I hope Shark reads this one..

classic stuff.

I was a druid.

an indifferent druid

Northe said...

A stoic druid!

HMT said...

did you check yer gmail?

the beach house deal starts this sat.. if you can roll that'd be sweet... will be there for a week 5-12th..!

rock!

Northe said...

Fuck. I gotta do it. Likely next weekend tho. I have a friend's going away party this Saturday.