Thursday, October 13, 2005

Not Amused, Not Interested

First time? Start here. Read "The Primer" and follow the link at the end. Chronological order makes more sense for the stories.

Another Female Boss story. Sorry guys, but when she's hot she's hot. Hopefully Male Boss can work himself into some more here soon.

Female Boss in a good mood again, regular Angry Timers should know this means mischief is abounds. She goes for the phone bcuz sharing anything with me and being hit with my lack of response, acknowledgment and emotion just rub her the wrong way. I could really give a shit and she knows it. Gone are the days of testing wit on me, my loss..

"I'm gonna call Client," says Female Boss.

By the way, I guess that above statement regarding my demeanor towards her is applicable in other scenarios as well. I don't react, respond or acknowledge her words.. just about ever.

"Hey Client, how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a chuck.. no wait. Let me try again. How much wood would a woodchuck, wait. Shoot, I keep losing it, I can do this." Female Boss starts laughing while trying to say the stupid shit.

I cannot believe she is wasting this poor person's time. I mean, here you are at work and you know Client has to be busy.. and Client's precious time is being sucked away by this moron. Think about it tho, when else does someone call you to waste your time? Its usually when you have a pile of work on your desk, when you have lines holding or when you have someone spouting business nonsense to you while you are checking your in-mail. Enter this phone call, some jackass calls you to annoy you with irrelevance and something that lost its comic luster decades ago.. the good news is the fuse was already lit prior to Female Boss' call and Client explodes.

There's a pretty long pause, Female Boss' mouth is gaping open. She tries to make light of the situation, "No, no don't hang up I called for a reason. Shoot, dang it, I can't remember now. I'm sorry."

Female Boss hangs up and then says to the office, "That didn't go over as I planned."

I'll tell you one thing I respect.. I respect a person that stands up to idiocy and Client doesn't take much guff. A+ for cutting to the quick and taking out Female Boss at the knees. Its quicker than aiming for the chin and much of the time more effective. Take that ya biatch.

3 comments:

Phelps said...

I usually just hang up on them and act like the call was dropped. They'll forget who they were calling anyways. The best thing that happened around here in a while was CallerID on all the phones. Now I can tell when a TWI is on the other end and not even answer it. Then I can listen to the first 10 and last 10 seconds of the voicemail and handle whatever it is.

Northe said...

A man of conviction, principle, know-how and can-do ladies and gentleman. Learn from Phelps.

HMT said...

It's all about just hanging up... and then when they call back state "I hung up for a reason"

click.