Friday, December 07, 2007

Female Boss Shorts 11

First time? Start here. Read "The Primer" and follow the link at the end. Chronological order makes more sense for the stories.

Oh yeah, have another dose!

Scenario #1: The other day Female Boss asks me, "Is it gonna rain?"

I check the forecast, "Nope, no rain. The weather is just gonna stay cool."

A good 5 minutes later, "Is it gonna warm up?"

At first I don't answer but the burrowing parasites keep stimulating the same section of her brain, "Northe? Did they say if it was gonna warm up?"

Deep breath, "Nope.."

"Oh and you believe them?"

Aaaaa.. ha ha.. aaaah.. ha ha ha.. oh.. ha... She must have been waiting to drop that funny one. How do I figure that it was a joke? Cuz she did one of those pbbt sounds by pressing her lips together trying to hold in her laughter. Yeah, good one.

Scenario #2: Here's a brain teaser. We have several lines here in the office. Female Boss uses different lines to dial out a lot of the time. In other words, she'll just randomly push a line # and start dialing, whether it be line 1, 2 or 3. Whatever.

So lately, Female Boss has been the main character in this ludicrous saga where she has no concept on how telephones work. Here's a typical example. She makes the phone call to the person. The person calls back. The phone line ringing isn't the default line 1, its the line she called from. I answer the phone, tell her that So-and-so is on line whatever and it starts..

"How'd they get on that line!?"

I never answer her. There's literally no reason why I should have to waste my time and breath on such stupidity. Like all things at Angry Time the situation has begun to snowball. Now it goes something like this..

"Where are they getting this number???"

Female Boss answers the phone, "Why are you calling on this number? I don't think you guys have the right phone number in your database for us."

Then, just the other day, "Here let me give you the right number to call..."

Followed by Female Boss refusing to talk to them on that line, hanging up and them having to call back. It was pretty much the last straw for this person so they told her why the fuck they called on that line. I could practically see that dim bulb appearing over her head as she realized how easy that it is to figure out. Fuckin idiot. Of course after the phone call I get hit with, "Northe! Its bcuz of caller ID!"

What a time to be alive..

2 comments:

Mexigogue said...

I was at the bar yesterday with this girl who referred to 37 days as "almost a month". I swear I'm not making that up. Then she was complaining to me that her caseworker had messed up her foodstamp card account which caused her significant embarassment at the supermarket. At that point I tried to drink myself to death and the next thing I remember was waking up in the morning, having somehow arrived safely at home.

Northe said...

Jeez, there's more than one of them..

Plus you capped off the post-humpday with the Thursday night bender? You win, sir.