Monday, June 12, 2006

A Bit of Fallout

First time? Start here. Read "The Primer" and follow the link at the end. Chronological order makes more sense for the stories.

Coming off Friday's Post there was a bit of insight offered to me by Male Boss as to what may have caused the problem with the server. That's right guys, the now famous Master of In-Mail had the nerve to tell me what went wrong. I mean this guy musta been on an Ignorance I.V. the night prior. I mean lets face facts here, for him to even pretend like he knows what the fuck he is talking about when it comes to computers is ballsy enuff.. ignoring the fact that he is trying to tell me, of all people, what the deal is.

Like when he is giving out the in-mail address to clients or something like that. Male Boss can't even do that right! He's so computer illiterate that.. fuck it, just read this frikkin post again to refresh your memories. Gah! Its so frustrating. You can ask him where the mouse is chances are he's gonna be looking at the external hard drive! This is my fuckin Boss! Do you understand how ridiculous it all is!?

Now that I'm in a frenzy I can get to the immeasurable stupidity Male Boss brought forth. Again, the server had the problem. He comes back from a daytime meeting scratching his wooden head:

"Hey Northe, I think I know the problem there."

"Problem?" I ask having no clue what he's talking about at first.

"With the server, the power outing."

I suck in twice the wind of a normal breath and start to hold it in cuz if I breathe right after Male Boss says what he's about to say I may very well get infected with that virus that's eating away at his brain.

"I put in the music CD to listen to on your computer after you left and it didn't play right."

Still holding my breath.

"I think that might be what fucked it up, you know?"

Still holding.

"Its gotta be it. Not gonna use your computer to play the songs. I have the good speakers on my computer anyway."

Makes me want to go to work with a Bio Hazard suit on. I really like my brain. I have no means by which to defend it. Its depressing. Male Boss' stupidity is enuff to give hope to the most down trodden nations. Inspiration that there is always hope. Only in America, I suppose.

9 comments:

Mexigogue said...

I would excuse myself to go the restrooms and then shoot myself in the head twice.

HMT said...

America's losing 0-2 already. what's the matter with this country?

Phelps said...

Everyday I expect to look on this site and find out that one of the bosses stumbled across it and you've been outed, at which point you have to apologize to that boss on the blog and only make fun of the other.

Titles like "Fallout" make me giddy that maybe this day has come. The only thing better than Angry Time is the eventual but unavoidable destruction of Angry Time.

Mexigogue said...

Haha! I thought the same thing (that they would eventually find out) but I hadn't thought ahead to the possible repercussions. Northe could probably explain it in such a way as to evade Male and Female Boss's awesome datacrunching mindpower though.

Northe said...

Its the small nuances that even if they did stumble across this they wouldn't believe that it was actually them. I could easily chalk it up to coincidence or blackmail them by threatening to deplete the power supply on the house again. I'm also proud to be on the same team as Phelps.. :(

Phelps said...

It isn't like the Angry Times would stop. You would be forced to move it to another location, sure, but the Treehouse will still be the Treehouse, back channels will be utilized, and things will roll on as they have since time immemorial (which started in about 96, when I first got on teh Internets).

Besides, AT isn't as fun without some element of danger.

Northe said...

Oh for sure. If they ever do find this shit I know it will be my ass. I just have to hope its Male Boss that finds it cuz I can just show him a shiny quarter to distract him. Female Boss would be a difft story. I do sweat it from time to time tho that they will stumble across it. Danger, danger, danger.

Mexigogue said...

If they ever find my blog at work I have plausible deniability in that my picture has a Spiderman mask.

Phelps said...

If my blog ever gets found out I have the advantage that I fit the profile of someone who might snap and shoot up an office if he gets fired.