Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Logical Question

First time? Start here. Read "The Primer" and follow the link at the end. Chronological order makes more sense for the stories.

I think its high time to let you folks in on another piece of the puzzle that makes Female Boss tick. She is extremely dream oriented. So dream oriented that this only took place this morning and she has already decided to share. With how ridiculous the whole thing is I couldn't help but write it up while it was still fresh in my mind. Here goes.

Start up the big band music! The Professional walks into the office with a sharp suit on ready to pick up some paperwork and hit the town. I know he's planning on having a good day because he is all smiles. First thing, he comes toward me, unbuttons the middle button on his coat as to not stress the threads, and lunges forward with a stretch to shake my hand.

"Today is a fantastic day Northe and I am super excited." The happier he is the wider his eyes get and the more pronounced his accent is. He continues, "I have to take some big tits to downtown and show them a place or two. Then I get to clean off the sweaty big ones with my handkerchief."

I just laugh bcuz there is very little that can even be said that already hasn't been.

Male Boss and The Professional shoot the breeze for a bit, I turn my attention back toward my work. Female Boss wanders in. She doesn't say anything at first besides "hello."

"Well, my friend, I am off." The Professional shakes my hand and smooths down his coat with one hand.

"How's your neck?" asks Female Boss to The Professional.

"Pardon me, my dear?" counters The Professional.

"Is your neck feeling better?" she asks again.

"I am sorry but I don't know what you are talking about."

"Darn it, I had a dream you hurt your neck reaching for a trophy on a bookcase, I was hoping it was a psychic connect."

The Professional turns his head and stares at me for 3 seconds making direct eye contact with me sporting a blank look on his face. No emotions are shown, just a simple escape to who, I think he thinks, is the only sane person in the office. My insides have collapsed in on themselves holding in laughter, as I know he could offer her some choice words but is too much of a gentleman to explain how stupid she is for bringing a dream situation into reality. The Professional doesn't address her any further, instead goes out the back door to avoid any further discourse with her.

"Ba-bye," he yells as he heads out.

So seriously, has anyone ever had this happen. Where someone tries to interject a dream as if it was real out of the blue? Its frikkin mind boggling to the point of wrist slitting. I mean is this not a neurosis? The Professional thinks so and I side with him.

No comments: