Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Puppy.. scared?

First time? Start here. Read "The Primer" and follow the link at the end. Chronological order makes more sense for the stories.

Female Boss is in the "dog area" that happens to have a pair of swinging doors to allow for more accidents and close calls at the work place, including a slightly increased percent chance at maiming one of the poor canines. I have suggested several times that they need to put the two doors on some regular hinges as both Male Boss and Female Boss have had some bigtime close calls with smashing doors into each other's faces. This falls on deaf ears as do most suggestions that hover in the realm of intelligent solution.

Onward. Puppy is out and about prancing and following around Female Boss. Into the kitchen they go for a quick bite. I hear the usually growling and snarling between the three animals fighting for scraps of food and Female Boss acting like that it is normal behavior. Pigfoot is the most verbose when it comes to his food. He barks and growls discontently due to the fact that one of the other dogs is being fed while he is choking his portion down. I hear Pigfoot's paws and nails clacking on the tile flooring with very sharp snarls. Usually this means he is lunging and biting at Puppy. Again, to Female Boss this is normal behavior and there is nothing to be alarmed about. No blood is being spilled so it is tolerated. The thing is, Pigfoot is no joke, you don't want to cross him when he gets in a pissed off mood. Finally, I hear Puppy yelp in fear. Female Boss seperates The One and Pigfoot from Puppy, obviously due to a misfire in one of her synapses.

Puppy is back to being a happy camper. Female Boss gets a phone call so I direct her attention back into the office. She asks me to place her call on hold as she washes her hands and gets Puppy to follow her back into the office. The hinged door swings open and abruptly halts and I hear Puppy yipe very loudly.

"Whoa, is she okay?" I ask.

The answer I get is both honest and credible, "I think she got scared that I was going to leave her alone in the kitchen."

I'm dumbfounded.

Puppy comes into the office limping. Asshole.

No comments: