Sunday, August 28, 2005

Another Normal Day

First time? Start here. Read "The Primer" and follow the link at the end. Chronological order makes more sense for the stories.

Female Boss spent the night at the investment property. Usually when she stays overnight here that means she is taking it easy kinda like a semi-vacation. She is in her bathroom blow drying her hair. It usually takes her from 8:45am when I get to work to about noon to be ready. You know, ready.. to look good enough to sit in front of the computer for the rest of the day.

Its a little before noon and Male Boss is getting ready to leave. He starts yelling at Female Boss for her to turn off her blow dryer. Female Boss can definitely hear him as he is right outside the door screaming loud enough to get Demonseed to start screeching loudly.

"What the fuck!? I know you can hear me! Answer me and turn offs the blow dryer!"

Eventually she does.

"Okay, I have some duties for you to do today," lectures Male Boss.

No answer from Female Boss. I can picture her rolling her eyes in anticipation of what Male Boss is about to say. This is the typical response from her whenever he is spouting off about something. His "duties" were short and sweet and nothing but a classic (read as: normal) topic of conversation from Male Boss.

"The One took a great shit in the kitchen so clean that up and feed him something nice."

Male Boss ends with that and takes his leave.

I admit I did have a lack of interest to take a gander even though he decided to use the adjective "great" to describe the pile of dog shit in the kitchen. Next time my curiosity may get the better of me. Really though, its the cerebral discussions like these that make me value not only my brain cell count but the fact that I get paid to listen to such insanity. Anyway, it was obviously worth delaying his departure to be sure to get Female Boss' attention and then make her listen intently to what he had to say. I love my job.

Off topic slightly but never totally: I gave a call to Shaft, regular Angry Timer, and let him listen to The One yelping non-stop yesterday. Female Boss was some 20 yards away and for a solid 20 minutes, and Shaft as my witness, the dog did not shut up the whole time.

No comments: