Monday, August 29, 2005

I'm Dying Here

First time? Start here. Read "The Primer" and follow the link at the end. Chronological order makes more sense for the stories.

This is going down as an all time classic. Male Boss has been having a problem with his Direct TV satellite lately. For almost a week the signal has been jacked up a good percentage of the time and they also haven't applied some sort of package that he bought to watch soccer.

Last week, a Direct TV guy (Technician) was supposed to come out and scout the problem and fix it. Technician never showed so Male Boss was pretty bent. This morning Technician was supposed to be here at 8am, he still hasn't showed. Male Boss takes things into his own hands and calls up Direct TV to get Technician's actual phone number. Just before he gets Technician on the phone, we get a series of client calls that require his immediate attention.

Male Boss and I line em up and knock em down. He has a few leads that he has to call but puts them on the back burner because Direct TV is still on the brain. Its very difficult for him to move on until something is resolved. So Male Boss makes the call. Technician doesn't answer his cell phone. The voicemail message starts and I can hear Male Boss kickstart the anger.

"This fucking guy. Doesn't answers nothing from calls that come in."

He gets to his feet and starts pacing while holding a sheet of paper in his hand waving it around audibly, "I'm gonna kill him."

Begin voicemail message, "Yes hi, this is Male Boss, you were supposed to be at my properties last week and something this morning. You know I have a business to run and don't have time to be fucked around with by an irresponsible ass like you. Either you show up at my house or you don't come but I wanna know."

An awkward pause occurs for about 3 seconds.

"I think I have the wrong number."

I hear him click the phone off.

Male Boss' voice is a whisper, "What the fuck, I called the wrong fucking number? Did I?"

I pretend to be concerned, "Hit re-dial and check." If in fact he dialed someone else it would have to be a lead on a potential client.. nothing else would make sense. Obviously, this isn't the type of screw up you want on a lead, especially since Male Boss said his name on the voicemail. The likely scenario could very well be that the sheet of paper in his hand with the numerous numbers scrawled about it may have deceived him.

Male Boss takes my advice and hits re-dial.

"FUCK!" echoes through the office. "Fucking fuck!"

I think he dialed the wrong number.

4 comments:

Northe said...

Yeah he cusses like mad. Sometimes he doesn't but for the past few weeks non stop.

HMT said...

hahaha.. that's what happens when you bow to the alter that is angry time.

you lose yer advantage.

Phelps said...

Is it all in English? Because that would be... wierd. Hell, I don't even cuss all in English.

Northe said...

Yeah all english all the time unless a friend from back home calls.