Monday, November 12, 2007

Quality Time With Male Boss

First time? Start here. Read "The Primer" and follow the link at the end. Chronological order makes more sense for the stories.

It was getting toward the end of a long day. Female Boss and Male Boss are in their typical cerebral bitchfest complaining about this, that and the other. I make sure to immerse myself in some kind of radio topic drowning out their pathetic sparring session. For once, I am pretty upset I was doing my best not to pay attention bcuz Male Boss and I shared a moment not much later.

Still completely into my sports radio talk, I can hear the dyspeptic rumble of idiocy dying down. Female Boss leaves in a shitty mood, as usual. I still have another 20 minutes left on the clock before I can escape my temporary damnation cuz Male Boss is still floating around somewhere in the kitchen. If he'd just leave I'd leave a minute or two later and all is right in the world again.

Instead, Male Boss comes in with two tumblers with a bit of scotch in each.

"This one's on me, Northe."

I take my glass and raise it to him. We sip a bit in silence and he starts up the conversation, "You and me. We got lucky, Northe."

After a bit of silent and another swig of scotch I ask him, "Why's that?"

"God didn't make us born the womens."

We share a laugh, raise our glasses again and take our last sips.

"Female Boss is one fucked up broad."

I can't argue so I swirl a bit and take down my last drop.

Male Boss gets up and instructs me that its time to go home. He turns off the lights in the office and closes up shop for the evening. I take his glass and take em to the kitchen to rinse em out.

"We got some fucking luck, right?" asks Male Boss.

I look up from the sink ringing my hands of the water on em, "I suppose we do."

As we leave the investment property and he locks up the door behind us he leaves me with this, "Yes my friend, we got some fucking luck.. not to be that shit."

Here's to not being that shit, friends.

2 comments:

Phelps said...

To not being born the womens.

Fucking A.

Mexigogue said...

I don't know. I've heard the ladies rooms are really fancy. Some say they even have two ply tp. . . Some say.