Thursday, March 23, 2006

Full Circle

First time? Start here. Read "The Primer" and follow the link at the end. Chronological order makes more sense for the stories.

This is definitely a short but a short that is worth its weight in bean things. The thing about my work is that I am constantly on my toes. Anything can come around the corner and take me by surprise so I have to be ever vigilant with a pen and a legal pad. I tend to miss a good percentage of things that I should or could be writing about but after all it is work and I cannot always divert my attention from it for the sake of you sirs.

Then come the ones every now and then that require no special note taking. In fact, they are so perfect its almost eerie that mayhaps I have been found out. That the sanctum that is Angry Time has been breached. Of course, I get a grip and realize that its near impossible for that to happen and I get to enjoy the moment in its entirety.

Female Boss is shooting the breeze with herself, read as: thinking out loud. Then all of a sudden turns to me and says, "Northe, we should start our own business."

I kinda sit there puzzled not knowing whether or not she is serious.

Her next statement has me rolling, "We'll call the company 'In-Mail' what'dya think?"

I died laughing. At least she can appreciate one slice of humor that I harp on endlessly about my work. Fantastic.

4 comments:

Phelps said...

"Female Boss, you already have a business. Finish playing with the one you have before you start another one."

HMT said...

I'm dying laughing at the lack of angry times! I just sent you CHURRO LEGISLATION, surely angry times is abound!

Northe said...

Yeah, lots of shit going on at work and they are not good things. I'll see if I can get back into the swing of things. There's a dearth of motivation at the moment tho. Still lots of stories but more concern about shit going on here and with the real life and all.

HMT said...

do you like my spectacular hawk?