Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Random Stupidity

First time? Start here. Read "The Primer" and follow the link at the end. Chronological order makes more sense for the stories.

I am in the process of thinning out this mountain of post-its that are heaped up on my desk. This will be the sharing of stories, snip-its really, that aren't quite detailed enuff or lengthy enuff to make the cut to become a full fledged Angry Time feature. These are the small timers, the things that make the office tick.

Random Fact: Male Boss keeps ice cream in the refrigerator... not the freezer.

Scenario #1: One time Male Boss ate a full bag of potato chips. I am talking the huge ones.. that are like the size of a Glad bag. He went thru the entire bag of chips in about an hour.. maybe slightly more. All I know is that in the time it takes me to perform a specific task at work, he went from start to finish. Now this specific filing task generally takes me no more than an hour but no less as well. That's how I can at least give a bit of perspective on the amount of time that passed. Male Boss' comment to me after performing such a feat: "What happens when you eat so much that you can't breathe?"

Scenario #2: Whatever month it is, Female Boss' mother's birthday comes up. She is terrible about getting any of her family members gifts for their birthdays let alone even a birthday card. However, she always goes on and on about how she wishes she could change her ways. This never happens of course but this is also irrelevant. The point is she received a stupid joke in-mail. Within the in-mail is a picture attachment. The picture amuses her. Her bright idea: "I am totally gonna forward this to my mom for her birthday!"

What a thoughtful gift.

Scenario #3: I am sitting at my desk the other day and Female Boss is playing around with Pigfoot. Nothing new here. Big whoop. My head gets wrapped up in to what I'm doing and I am brought back by the voice of Female Boss calling me to get my attention.

"Look at how brave he is. See how brave Pigfoot is, Northe?"

I don't exert any effort to turn and see what she's talking about, "Why? What's he doing?"

"Oh, heh, nothing."

Ah.

No comments: