Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Boss Warfare 4

First time? Start here. Read "The Primer" and follow the link at the end. Chronological order makes more sense for the stories.

Sole Scenario: Technical problems in the office. Seems like Female Boss' computer took a dump and they're gonna have to share the computer. At first, things seem to be going just fine.. and by "at first" I simply mean the realization of these two land-bound gibbons that they are going to have to work under each others' noses the whole day if they want to get anything done. From there on out, the formulaic chaos ensued.

Notable Highlights
:

*Preparing to switch from Female Boss at the computer to Male Boss:

Male Boss: "Can you save your work?"
Female Boss: "Can you shut your mouth?"

*Female Boss' request to use the computer:

Female Boss: "Can I get on there and check this work file?"
Male Boss: "I don't think its going to cost you the penny."
Several minutes later, Male Boss still at the computer.
Female Boss: "Are you done yet? Let me check that work file."
Male Boss: "No problem."
Another handful of minutes drop off the clock.
Female Boss: "Okay, let me get on there!"
Male Boss: "Fuck you, I need it."

*The printer has run out of paper.

Male Boss: "Looks like it says we might have the paper jam."
Female Boss: "Hey dumb shit, you need paper in the printer to have a paper jam."
Male Boss: "Then put me some fucking paper!"
Female Boss: "Put yourself."
Male Boss slams a thick slab of paper into the printer.
Male Boss: "Okay ass, what button to press to start?"
Without listening for an answer Male Boss starts pressing buttons on the printer.
The printer chokes on the paper load.
Female Boss: "You didn't do it right!"
Scary noises come from the printer.
Male Boss: "Its too late now, you didn't want to show me help."

Turns out Female Boss' computer locked up. Since she couldn't power it down using the "Turn Off" button in Windows, her critical thinking process was at a stand still. All I had to do was lean on the power button for a few seconds to shut it down. Other solutions could have been: ripping the power cord out of the computer and shutting off the surge. These solutions will remain unsaid in this office so that there is a slight chance something like this happens in the future. Regards.

3 comments:

HMT said...

hahahah.. no one ever wants to show male boss help.

happy NIC CAGE day!

fergo, everything I've seen on 300 has been FANTASTIC. the hype is out there, yes, but I haven't seen a review that hasn't been "this movie is kick ass fucken video game style kick assings!"

Northe said...

Well here's the rub.. dialogue. If they use bullshit, Hollywood, crack pot one liners like they have been using in these new, fruitcup, "expand our audience" trailers im gonna be livid. Movies need to satisfy and fulfill the expectations of one demographic and one demographic only. This movie needs to target those that want to see blood letting, chaos, warfare and so much yelling our ears bleed. Period.

There needs to be nothing short of "This is Sparta!" being yelled everytime there is a deathblow on the screen.. if they want to change it up there are only a half dozen or so acceptable phrases that can be uttered during something as epic as the "corpse drop."

So trust me, you still have my axe in this movie but they're on shakey ground. I even had a few friends see the flick, as soon as there was any information going my way I told the guy to stop saying anything. I want to go in with my expectations and either come out in a rage worthy of Sparta or ready to reinact the slaughter of anyone in my path on the way back to my car.

Phelps said...

I don't know, man. With what we know of the historical quotes, Leonidus and the Spartans in general seemed to be the original trash talkers and kings of the one-liner. I mean, molon labe is still alive. The memorial says "Tell Sparta that we took our orders and died."