Monday, July 31, 2006

Vegas '06

First time? Start here. Read "The Primer" and follow the link at the end. Chronological order makes more sense for the stories.

I am not gonna get into reasons to go to Vegas nor even, really, what all went down while I was there with myself and about 30 of my closest friends. What I am gonna do is stick to the tradition of this here blog and point out the fun times Vegas offers when you go with some great people and have a different perspective on people in general.

I arrive in Vegas on Thursday. I decide that since I don't have as much money to gamble with as I usually do its in my best interest to take it easy for the evening and avoid playing at the tables. I go ahead and meet up with about 20 individuals that have landed the same evening.. I head up to the local eatery where they're all at, order myself a yard long margarita in preparation to see if I can't get a "first down" before the end of the night. Much to my chagrin, the alcohol did nothing for me with my first $25 drink so I wasn't going to continue. Without a buzz on that much liquid I would have spent more time in the restroom than I could berating vacationing citizens so, like I said, I opted to stop.

Around the time I finish my the dissatisfying beverage the food started coming around the table and I decided a stuffed steak quesadilla would suit me just right. It was definitely tasty. Then comes the typical bullshit of dealing with a lot of friends. You got it.. the bill. Somehow by the end of the meal I had to pay $18 for my quesadilla cuz cheap ass fucks either don't remember what sales tax is or are too cheap to tip or are just trying to get over on us. Either way its horseshit and continued to be part of the ongoing theme in Vegas that weekend.

Bottom line is if you can't do basic arithmetic and actually round up to the nearest dollar or maybe even two dollars, don't fuckin come out or, just make it easy on all of us, ask for your own bill. It gets tired having to babysit and throw down extra money during every group meal. Its an extra dollar or two! Big fuckin deal. The kicker is its the same type of jackfucks that'll shortchange on the fuckin meals and shit but go down and drop a few hundred bucks into a slot machine or on a table game.. but an extra couple bucks to pay off a restaurant bill, "Fuck that! No way!" Jackasses.

Ok, here's the deal on this shit, I have a story for each of the days in Vegas. Considering that I was only there for a handful of hours that Thursday, that's all you get. I'll post about each day, only the worthy Angry Time shit, until Sunday the day of departure. Come back tomorrow for more.

2 comments:

HMT said...

One of your stories better involve blowing a million dollars in one night.

If not, I can hardly believe that you even VISITED sin city.

Phelps said...

Shortchanged on teh group bill? WTF? Everytime we do that here it is like a 40% tip! That must be a CA thing. No one here wants to be the guy who is too poor to tip good. (If someone is watching. They will short a tip if it is just them.)