Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Buy 'Em Online

First time? Start here. Read "The Primer" and follow the link at the end. Chronological order makes more sense for the stories.

Oh the golden age of the internet. Who'da thunk that we could get all the conveniences of the real world thru some fiber optics and the wonderful world of shipping & handling? Not this serf that's for sure, whoever did is richer than Nazis.

Seems like ol' reliable Female Boss is catching on too. Why, just the other day she had me order some stuff online for her. I kinda walked her thru the steps on what making an online purchase entails and she seemed to have liked it. The thing is, and we all know this by now, something ain't right with Female Boss. I think she is really missing the point when it comes to ordering things online.

I mean, think about it. We don't use the internet to do all our wheelings and dealings. We only do it for sake of convenience, maybe we can get a better deal for the item online or the brick and mortars just don't carry the product in our area. So we embark to the virtual shopping malls and geterdun. Female Boss tho? Nah.

"Hey Northe, would you see if the post office sells stamps online?"

"Sure thing."

Research complete, "Why yes, Female Boss, yes they do."

"Oh, great! Can you buy me a roll of stamps then?"

"My pleasure."

I order the roll and then everything comes to a head.

"Great, I can get outta here now. I'm gonna go shopping and overnight this package at the post office."

Wow. Ya don't say..

4 comments:

HMT said...

:(

Phelps said...

I would love to see Female Boss in a battle of wits with a Postal Worker.

guy in the UNLV jacket said...

postal worker would just get frustrated and ak-47 her down

Anonymous said...

Dammit sir havent browsed the site in awhile but going down the front page and checking out the Pigfoot stories has renewed my intrest into reading again your writings to get an accurate scope of what will surely lead you into homicidal tyrades >:)